Saturday, August 18, 2012

"My grace is sufficient ..."

Oh my, has it been eight months since our last blog entry?!
One of my New Year's resolution was to keep our blog up to date, but I guess that didn't go very well.

With a little one running around and the news of a new baby, I guess it took all my attention, or at least that's my excuse.  But here I am again with the hopes of keeping you all updated!

Our baby girl, although no longer a baby, is a 2 year old toddler who is fascinated by the world she's exploring and reacting to it the best way she knows how.  Tantrums are at full swing with her strong personality shinning through.   
This parenting journey continues to amaze us.  God in his creative way uses our child to reveal our weakness, our limits and the roots of our heart that need pruning ... or should I say, de-rooting?  Yet his love reminds me that only in him will I find the hope, peace; the wisdom and the strength to fill the roles he has called me to.
The amazing part of it is, that even with my limits and weaknesses, his grace is sufficient and hPis power is perfected.  What a way to experience his power, grace and love in my weakness and vulnerabilities.  For this, I am so grateful.

We are eagerly waiting for the arrival of our baby boy, Aidan Alexander.  Hard to believe how fast these past seven months have gone, and in no time, our little one will be in our arms.  We are looking forward for all of the new things our Lord has in store for us ... well, let me be honest, perhaps I'm not so eagerly excited for the physical demands; lack of sleep, new routine and adjustment etc. ... but it consoles me to know that "when I am weak, then I am strong" in Christ. 

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
   

No comments:

Post a Comment